Thursday, April 3, 2008

Rainy Day, Beautiful Garden

I woke up this morning anxious to explore another garden around Houston. However, the somberness of the morning has made the appeal of outside a little less thrilling for me. Perhaps the afternoon might bring more cheery weather. For now I will reveal to you my own garden!! Although it is in the middle of a fast paced city, on the second floor balcony of these downtown apartments... it is thriving and flourishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is called the Deep Rose Daisy. I found it at Home Depot for only 12 dollars. I love the little flowers it has, they are so cheerful!!! It brings a lot to my garden, and I smile every time I see the little blooms smiling faces!!!
To the left you see the beginnings of the morning glories I planted about 2 weeks ago.They have taken much longer to grow than my moonflowers but I am hopeful that they will make do just fine. Underneath you see the dwarf morning glories I planted at the same time, I am anxious to see more popping up soon!!!!





These lovelies are the
herbs that I have planted
so far. Ive got the
mint and the rosemary.









Right here you see basil, and french lavender. For my first garden I choose the herbs that were the most fragrant, that way I only came home with a few instead of the whole lot!!! I love to sit on the balcony and smell each herb.

Above and below are my flourishing moonflowers. I planted them about March 12th and they have took off from there. The leafs are about 3 inches now and all the stems are starting to branch. I love to watch this vine grow!!! I have never had moonflowers before, but I hear they are beautiful and fragrant! I cant wait to see the blooms, the plant is already so beautiful now!!

No comments: